The property lifecycle
Deloitte Real Estate provides advice and services at all stages of the property lifecycle, such as:
- Vacant land
- Feasibility analysis
- Operational works and building approval
- Sale and lease
- Asset management
- Refurbishment and repositioning.
Stage of development
- Assessment planning, including site constraints and design options
- Land acquisition and divestment
- Contamination remediation
- Advising on easements, encroachments, existing improvements, statutory charges and tenants.
- Highest and best use analysis
- Establishing reliable and accurate financial modelling
- Cash and earning forecasts
- Market and product research
- Assessing integrity of assumptions
- Due diligence assessments
- Sensitivity and option analysis
- Debt advice
- Cost reduction
- Property strategy
- Anti-fraud forensic data analysis
- Carbon strategy and sustainability.
- Development applications
- Dealing with local and state government, and regulatory authorities
- Advising on capital and funding
- Advising on environmental constraints
- Dealing with lapsed approvals
- Advising on product design
- Negotiating infrastructure agreements and charges.
Operational works and building approval
- Ensuring cost-effective design and deliverability
- Coordinating multiple consultants across numerous disciplines
- Coordinate and Negotiate operational works approvals with Council
- Obtain environmental works approvals.
- Pre-sale analysis
- Third-party valuation review and management
- Debt and Equity Advice
- Risk identification and mitigation.
- Construction supervision
- Advising on contractor viability and licensing
- Handling contractor disputes and claims
- Ensuring transparency between contractors and developers
- Progress claim management
- Advising on engineering concerns
- Defect rectification
- Site Superintendent
- Completion of partially complete project when builder defaults
- Obtaining certification and on-maintenance.
Sale and lease
- Structuring divestment options
- Advising on active purchasers
- Establishing relationships with key decision makers
- Creation of Sales, Marketing and lease strategy
- Execution of domestic of offshore Divestment Strategy.
- Body corporate and strata representation
- Leasing and property management
- Sales management
- Review and management of outgoings
- Asset divestment analysis
- Divestment, merger and acquisition, and strategic defence advice
- Handling distressed assets and business reorganisation
- Managing vacancy risk.
Refurbishment and repositioning
- Quantifying timing, costs and opportunity
- Analysing market depth
- Risk assessments
- Option modelling
- Project management
- Quantify value of uplift versus risk and cost